TECHNICS SP10 MK3 POWER SOURCE / SPEED CONTROLLER

Speed Controller for Technics Mk3 lost in shipment, so I need a replacement.

Anyone out there know someone who has one?

Happy to reward a successful referral.

What should one of these cost these days?

Thanks very much in advance for any help you can provide.

Best,
128x128cdk84
120V to 100V step-down transformer is a common item that can be bought from eBay or any reputable mail order electronics supply house for low dollars. I have two of them in house, one for a Kenwood L07D and one for a Denon DP80. No biggie. Just make sure the wattage rating is more than adequate for the Mk3 supply, if indeed you can find any Mk3 supply.

PBN, I have seen that SP10 PS from England before. If memory serves, it is for a Mk2, not for a Mk3. But I sure could be wrong. As Chris points out, the Mk3 supply is much more difficult to build from scratch and much more complex, compared to a Mk2 supply, because it contains all the servo logic circuits, whereas in the Mk2, the analogous circuits are built into the TT chassis proper. The Mk2 outboard supply is naught but a source for regulated DC voltages needed to run the works. So, if the OP is still listening, be sure to ask whether that PS works for a Mk3, if you are at all interested.
Lewm, you are absolutely right the one above I suggested is for a Mk2, not a Mk3.
Recently picked up a MK2 sans its power supply for restoration, so I had to make a replacement power supply, turned out rather nicely I think.

SP10Mk2 Replacement Power Supply

Good Listening

Peter
That's lovely, for someone with a Mk2 or 2A. I am loving my Mk3, however, now with Krebs modification. Was listening to it all day today. Incidentally, if the OP is still alive and still cares, it is not out of the question that Richard Krebs might know who or how to build a Mk3 supply complete with servo circuits.
Lew, Just for the record the bucking technique I described does not use an isolation transformer and is a lot less expensive- literally can be done for under $20.00 in parts.
Sorry, Ralph. I was referring to the OP's original question; he is or was searching for a complete Mk3 outboard PS. There is a lot more to that than just addressing the difference in wall voltage between the US and (Eastern) Japanese standards of 120VAC vs 100VAC, respectively. As you probably know, the Mk3 outboard box contains all the servo drive circuits as well as a PS to produce the various needed DC voltages. However, his post is now about a year old, and he has probably moved on to other audio concerns. So, we're basically talking to each other.