Speakers to hang on to for LIFE

After 9 years with my Proac Response 3s, I recently decided to change speakers. As you can tell, I'm not an upgrade fever patient. I want something I can live with for years & I think the best advice I'm gonna get will be from those who have & are still living with their speakers for an extended period of time. Please tell me why too. Thanks.Bob.
ryllau
@Steve59, that's exactly what I'm aiming for with my next pair of speakers, which are intended to be my long-term references.
Ranch, I didn't know those were Dan's speakers. It;s nice to hear of someone holding onto speakers for that long, lol. My original system from 1969 is still used daily by my former brother in law (sister divorced him, I didn't, lol).
I purchased my Apogee Duettas in the mid 80s, powered with a Krell KSA-150 and have a Velodyne 1200 sub. The Krell was returned to the factory lastyear for a refurbish and everything sounds wonderful Big full soundstage and excellent dynamic range. I've had several preamps over the years and currently have a DAC1 HDR. There are many other great systems out there but would never part with this one...

I purchased my speakers brand new in 1980.  They are still functioning at their peak to this very day.  It is a very rounded speaker. I guess its most outstanding feature is the fact that it sounds the same regardless of the volume.  Clean, noted music, with just a touch of color.  Only the deepest bass passes these speakers.  I do admit they desire a sub.

Without the sub you will still be rewarded. Of course your equipment makes the speaker sing.
Mine are powered by a Dual MosFet system housed inside my Sherwood S6040 CP Push/Pull DC Power Amp. Old school NAD 114 Pre-Amp.  Producing some of the warmest sound for ears. Through the one and only "HPM 100" Loudspeakers by Pioneer. Circa 1980!
....OH yeah I paired the HPM 100's with a great team.  Energy 100's
for today's digital music.  And a strong favorite...the Klipsch SW10
Sub Woofer.