$510.00 for an Aluminum cover for the ARC Ref. 10?

Wanted to replace the poly covers, but this is unbelievable!!!
128x128leog2015
Kinda glad that when ARC did the SE upgrade on my Ref 5 they kept the original aluminum top. IMO, I like the black metal top better than a see through plastic job.

As an aside, I've read comments from some who say that the tops on the Ref 5 SE and Ref 150 SE can cause microphonic issues. FWIW, I took the top off my Ref 150 SE. Can't hear any difference. I think it's audiophile BS.
P.S. -- I think $510 is over the top (pun intended). My goodness, it's just stamped aluminum.
When you look at the onlinemetalsdotcom website you'll find that a 24" x 24" piece of 1/8th thick aluminum sells for $42.00... and thinner gauge sells for even less. That's a fun website for the DYI side if the house.

Okay, ARC charges $510 for the cover. Shame on them. But shame on he who buys one, too. ARC has learned how much their repeat customers are willing and able to pay for ARC product. The only thing that will change that is for those customers to stop doing it.
My Ref5 SE is only a week old. I'm pretty sure I am not paying for a new lid! Squeaky wheel gets the grease, you remain passive and a Sheep, and they will run over you along with everyone else trying to make a dollar.

This is for Cleeds, you work for ARC? It is a flaw. If you bought a new roof for your residence and it bowed the first day of hot weather is that a flaw? Yes or no. Selective reading? My own unit sits on top of my audio rack, and it still bows.