What is your recommendation on upgrading a Linn LP

Here is what I own. A 1984-1985 Linn with BASIK PLUS ARM and no Valhalla. Other wise it is stock. What is my best course? 1) Buy a new component (Linn)and add upgrades I like. 2) Buy parts as they become available on Audiogon and build a top grade player with my old once as a starting point 3. Buy a used player that meets my needs and wishes.

I look forward to your help
schatzman
A used Linn Ittok LVII will set you back $600. A used Hercules power supply cost $200 or brand new at $300.

What used VPI table costing $1,000 are you suggesting?

I did all the upgrading that is suggested on a lp12 and im quite confident you cant buy an Ittok VII for $600, at least one that is worth buying...a nice one will set you back $800-1200 on the bay..I bought a use scout in excellent to near mint off this site for $700 a month ago,with some nice upgrades all boxes,a better gauge for setup but forgetting that buy at the time I was looking I could of bought a brand new scout jr for a grand with warranty,a scout 1.1 for $1250..and of course several travelers under $900.Having now owned both a lp12 with tons of ungrades and this scout Id say IMO the VPI is easier to setup,easier to maintain and sounds much better.One thing I will say about the LP12 I had,I recouped most if not all my money.
I think that the best idea on here is go to your dealer or technician, and get his or her recommendation.

He or she can do a tuneup for your Linn, and then after listening to it, with you, and getting an idea about your listening preferences, and an idea about your budget, make some recommendations about which upgrades to pursue.

I could just say to go get the Trampolin, the Lingo, the Kore, the T-Kable, because that's what I have had done, but maybe that won't work for you.

Go see your dealer!
A good suggestion but some like myself who are in small towns and have nothing within 100s and 100s of miles merely don't have that luxury.We post questions seeking advise simply because its our only option.If we all could do what is suggested I'm guessing this forum might not exist or be very boring reading audiophile posting about really nothing.
Mission, being a small-town guy clearly didn't stop you doing all the updates you mention on your LP12 did it? ;^)
Boy ,I have no idea what the heck you are talking about.Anyway,all Im saying as well as a few others to original poster is before spending a bunch of money on upgrading maybe seek another option that a lot of us think is a better and cheaper option.