Quality Power Cord

HI to everyone.

Need advice. I would like to replace stock power cord on
NAD C356DAC with the better one.
I've tried with the Signal Cable but it didn't work.
Lost highs, actually the sound became muffled with the "brushed" highs.
Any suggestions.
topten
Just one train of advice as pertains to the question, make sure you've evolved your wires, the higher the resolution on the cables the more you will hear differences in power cords. There are a lot of enthusiasts that simply can't hear power cord differences because they have cable weak links that bottleneck the detail that power cords work in. The other thing is a power cord on the amp is the bigger bang for the buck, the preamp does make a difference, just not as big a one, the better your cables the more difference you are going to hear there.

I haven't tried the Tara so I can't comment there.

I used to work people from my suggested entry grade which was usually an improvement, to the mid grades for a few hundred more dollars, they would say what about power cords and I'd tell them not until they were into the upper echelon that would make more performance difference than power cords at that point would. Then I would say they were ready for power cords.

That perspective is the result of hundreds of thousands of dollars in complete cable and equipment lines from the manufacturers, and trying every combination of upgrading possible.
$800 for a used power cord is a hell a lot of money. This would be what, $3000 new cord?
Well, I have $800 cord on $1000 phono stage, but I bought it for $100 and the phono for $600. It can get funny when you buy used.
500 hrs of burn-in from new for a top power cord sounds right to me.
I would try a used Silent Source Signature for under $500. I even try the lower powered one used for Dacs and preamps, if I could not locate a high powered cord.I used one for a while on a low powered amp ( 12 amps} before I bought the Music Reference, and it worked great. Resell it, if it doesn't work for you.

Also, the" Silver Resolution" Signal Cable with upgraded terminals should work. Did you try it,or did you try the Magic cord?

Good Luck!
Try the Audioquest NRG4. Good build quality, quick break in, balanced sound for under $500.