Gold or Rhodium

Have you compared the Furtech wall outlets? I am setting up a new dedicated room and need five wall receptacles; one for front-end sources, one for each monoblock, and two for subs. Each outlet will be on it's own dedicated line. Will use the GTX-D series. Question is should I go with the gold or rhodium plated or use a mix of the two? I've read that the gold offer a slightly 'warmer' sound but gold is soft and can be easily melted off if any sparking ocurrs.
stickman451
I'm leaning towards the Gold version. However I might use two of the Rhodium versions for my REL subs, then Gold for each of the Monoblocks, and Hovland pre.
"09-26-15: Melbguy1
To quote Yoda Zd..."Already know you that which you need"."

I wish someone would have informed my college professors of this.
If possible, install more dedicated electrical runs in the room. Then add more wall sockets than you will ever use. I did this with two GTX gold, two GTX rhodium, 4 Oyaide R1's and two FIM's and two Porter ports. When I bring in new gear or new power cords, I can try out the different flavor wall plugs to see which works best. Don't forget the Oyaide R1's, they work VERY well with the Furutech's.
I've had both.
I found the Gold to have a "softer" sound, more akin to what you would get further back in Carnegie Hall, the hall I know best.
The Rhodium makes it sound as though you are closer, with the result being that the music seems "faster" as well, because you are hearing more of the initial transient attack. However, the noise floor seems equal on both. In Carnegie, for example, even in Row 112 in the balcony, you can hear a pianissimo decay without strain, whereas in Davies Hall, in San Francisco (my old home grounds), you could barely hear the double bass, no matter what, and the noise floor was such that a quietly played note could get lose in the shuffle unless you were sitting in the orchestra (and even there sometimes, not so much…)
So, the Rhodium is more "exciting" but not brighter, just closer, but not in the way Oyaide's outlets made EVERYthing sound closer (I have had nearly everyone's outlets. In fact, I still do. Lying around in corners, closets, drawers). Probably have around 30 I don't use. I like the Furutechs the best, Synergistic next. Oh, to be fair, I haven't tried Shunyata, which, considering I've owned most everything Shunyata's ever put out, is unusual. I must've run out of money and didn't know it. (smile)
Has anyone ever considered how much of an effect an intermediate layer of plating has on the overall SQ? What I mean by that, is you can't always plate directly over some metals. For example, lets say you want to plate a piece of copper with silver. You may not be able to do that. You may have to first plate the copper with another metal like nickel or gold, and then plate silver. (keep in mind that I completely made up the 3 metals in my example.)