Scansonic mb serie

Does anyone listen MB serie from Scansonic ?
What about the raidho DNA ?
Does thoses speakers sound like a real raidho ?
georgelfre
Hi Murgeshj,

What's size of your room and the rest of your system configurations? Your experience sounds very similar to mine when I first plugged my speakers. Here is what I have:

Room: 20'(L)x12'(W)x10'(H)
Amp: Hegel H200 integrated
Source: Rega Planet CD Player; W4S DAC-2

Speakers are placed 3.5' from the backwall and about 9' apart. My listening position is about 3' from the backwall. I have bass traps at the 4 corners of the room and the backwall of the speakers. The speakers DO NOT like to be placed close to the backwall.

You should hear crystal clear sound once everything is setup right. 'Lean, clean, detail machine' described by Alan Sircom is exactly what I've heard from my MB-2.5s. I have only heard similar sound quality from much more expensive speakers but not from speakers in this price range.

I'd suggest you to evaluate your room acoustic and speaker placement first. Hope this helps.

HI Jjue, thanks.
I realized, something wrong with my setting and amplification
My room is 25'(L)x12'(W)x10'(H)
As suggested, the room treatment need to be done and the amplification need to be considered

Today's update..
Due to impatience, I took the speakers to seller and asked him to demonstrate with other Tube amplifiers and the seller happily demonstrated with many Melody/Cayin tube integrates and IMO the Melody 2a3 single push pull was of my liking, the bass was under control, highs were smooth and tons of details(forgive me for the explanations).

details about the amp..
http://www.melodyamplifier.com/dark-2a3/

Thanks for the help
Hi Murgeshj,

Glad you didn't give up on them. Melody was on my short list when I was shopping for amps. They sound great and they are reasonably priced. I end up with choosing solid state due to maintenance consideration. Happy listening. My MB-2.5's continue to surprise me everyday :)
My 2.5 have approx. 400 hours on them and yes they sounded like crap when I first set them up.Everything is true about setup from above..9 feet apart for sure.I found to control the bass a sub was necessary in my room as well as bass traps in corners and wall panels front and rear.Ive tried both tube and solid state.With SS in my room it sounds way too sterile which is basically how my Raidhos sounded,with tubes the ribbons are tamed a bit and the mids are fleshed out more with better imaging.Overall I actually like these better than the 42k Raidho C3 I had,simply from the money spent if nothing else.
Still the Mb2.5 have the bass boom after 90 hrs, and I have limitations of space to place them 9feet apart.
And unfortunately I ditched my beloved Totem model 1.
Hopefully get better and MB2.5 are not as reveling as Model 1.
Using with Spec amplification, had driven the totem comfortably and delear confirmed that spec comfortably the PMC's Fact series..
http://www.spec-corp.co.jp/e/audio/RSA-717EX/index.html