Scansonic mb serie

Does anyone listen MB serie from Scansonic ?
What about the raidho DNA ?
Does thoses speakers sound like a real raidho ?
georgelfre
Xti16,

Thanks for the information. The C series compared to my Aerial 7Ts have more clarity and separation, of course they are in another price category. I would like to go to the next level in clarity and separation of instruments, but I want something around 15K.
Ok, it's been almost a month since I received the speakers. I have about 50 some hours on them so far. Not quite broken in yet but they sound pretty good now. These speakers sounded awful when they were new. So don't rush to sell them if they are new and sound bad. There are a few things to keep in mind: They like to be separated apart far. 9' was the advice I got from Xti16. That's a magic number and it saved me a lot of time. These speakers give a lot of bass; much more than their small and slim size. I came to realize that my room has standing waves issue after I replaced my Maggie with the MB-2.5's. So the size of room and the room acoustic treatment are things also need to be taken into consideration. Once you got everything setup right, these speakers sound great. They sound like Maggie with some good bass IMHO. The high and mid are so good that you can see the singer right in front of you when you play a good vocal recording; nothing in between the singer and you. It gave me goose bumps when I played Amanda McBroom's Live from Rainbow & Stars. They still fall a tad bit short of the overall delicacy and coherence compared to the much more expensive speakers. I found the review written by Alan Sircom is very accurate. Do yourself a favor and read that review first if you are interested in these speakers. I'll sit back and continue to enjoy the wonderful music brought by these speakers while they're still being broken in :)

Hi All,
I too brought the Scansonic MB2.5, the bass is boomy already 30hrs+, thought of giving it back to seller, however after the going through this thread, I am thinking to burn it for few weeks to check if the sound improves, if not it is going back to seller.

and also it doesn't work close to the walls, only can hear the bass, no mids, highs, it is seems clouds of bass and mid, highs are peeking through the clouds.
Hi Murgeshj,

What's size of your room and the rest of your system configurations? Your experience sounds very similar to mine when I first plugged my speakers. Here is what I have:

Room: 20'(L)x12'(W)x10'(H)
Amp: Hegel H200 integrated
Source: Rega Planet CD Player; W4S DAC-2

Speakers are placed 3.5' from the backwall and about 9' apart. My listening position is about 3' from the backwall. I have bass traps at the 4 corners of the room and the backwall of the speakers. The speakers DO NOT like to be placed close to the backwall.

You should hear crystal clear sound once everything is setup right. 'Lean, clean, detail machine' described by Alan Sircom is exactly what I've heard from my MB-2.5s. I have only heard similar sound quality from much more expensive speakers but not from speakers in this price range.

I'd suggest you to evaluate your room acoustic and speaker placement first. Hope this helps.

HI Jjue, thanks.
I realized, something wrong with my setting and amplification
My room is 25'(L)x12'(W)x10'(H)
As suggested, the room treatment need to be done and the amplification need to be considered

Today's update..
Due to impatience, I took the speakers to seller and asked him to demonstrate with other Tube amplifiers and the seller happily demonstrated with many Melody/Cayin tube integrates and IMO the Melody 2a3 single push pull was of my liking, the bass was under control, highs were smooth and tons of details(forgive me for the explanations).

details about the amp..
http://www.melodyamplifier.com/dark-2a3/

Thanks for the help