oppo 105d mod or look for a new cd player ?

Had dealer install a set of wilson watt/puppy 7's. My system is small comprising of pass labs xa30.5 amp and x1 preamp. My source today is a oppo 105d. I got this since it works for the kids movies etc.. but I listen to 2 channel cd music through it. My dealer advised next upgrade should be my source to a dedicated cd player vs the oppo.
My question is .. lets say budget is $3k-$4K.. would people advise an oppo upgrade (EVS or Modwringht) or a dedicated cd player for the money ? Thanks in advince for any thoughts..
fsyme
I have had a few DCP's in my time from Marantz, McIntosh MCD-500, GNSC Wadia S7i, Burmester 089, and also Oppo 95 and then ModWright Oppo 105. The ModWright 105 sounded the best in my system (Venture speakers, Magnus MA-300, Concert Fidelity pre, Prana Wire/Jena Labs/Purist Audio cables). I now use a ModWright Elyse DAC and Examplar Oppo 93 as transport. This last combo has taken my system to a new higher level.
Fsyme. If your 105D sounded a bit forward that may just be that it wasn't warmed up. As well, if it was close as you seem to suggest I'd recommend trying some AC isolation and condoning.
I sold my ModWright Oppo 105 to buy the new ModWright Elyse DAC to use with an Oppo 93. Let's say I am very, very happy with the results. Of course, my new combo is more expensive, but IMHO, well worth it.
Talk2me,

How much better is the Elyse in comparison to the ModWright Oppo 105?

Thanks,
I've got the 105D on demo right now. I quite like it now that it seem to have broken in a bit. More open highs than I'm used to, which is good, without being fatiguing.
Also excellent as BD player, better than my older Sony, and a joy to use for music and video.
But my focus is 2 channel music and I'm not convinced it's the best option.
The bass is noticably thinner than my other players, not as involving as I'd like.
Definitely a case of give and take.
My choices are :
1.Return it and try the Marantz SA8005
2.Keep the Oppo knowing the resale value is good (or I can use it to replace)
the Sony in my theatre system.