Amplifiers:A Keeper for Life. Do you know of one ?

Just wondering, with this audio merry-go-round of buying and selling, if anyone has an amp that will be a keeper for life. I haven't yet but came verrrry close once...
sonicbeauty
The newest Aragon 8008(Indy Audio Labs)(DEALER DEMO)and just for the synergy of the pair, the Audible Illusions M3a (FACTORY REFURB)Preamp??? There may be better, BUT for the $3350.00 I paid for the pair it sounds like a MILLION coming out of my Magnepan 1.6's. SO NO MO AMPS & PRES FO ME.
I have the Harman Kardon Citation XX and the X-II Preamp. I'm the 2nd owner. It was a gift From Sidney Harmon to The North American Sales Manager from whom I acquired them from. I thought it was hype but after hooking them up I realized this was a keeper. I cannot find any material on it anywhere as to how many were made and in fact had never seen one till the day I fell into it.
After nearly a year of auditioning a whole host of speakers to replace the one's I have, I kept hearing great musicality with (now don't have a heart attack when you read this), a McIntosh C50 pre amp/MC452 power amp combination. I recently spent a bundle on new speakers and sub woofers, and told my wife that maybe next year I'd aim for the McIntosh's, but found someone on Audiogon who offered me such a good price on a pair that were just a few months old, so I pulled the trigger and snagged those now.
These components dramatically improved the soundstage and responsiveness of my current Totem Fire monitors.