Hegel Design Flaw?

I recently had an unfortunate experience with a Hegel H20 power amp. And I know of someone who had a problem with a Hegel integrated a couple of years ago. This leads me to believe there may be a hidden design flaw with some Hegel products. Has anyone else had problems with Hegel?
sabai
Knghifi,

You stated, "I auditioned Atma-Sphere M-60 with Paul Speltz Zero-Autotransformer driving Acoustic Zen Crescendo. It sounds fantastic on less demanding material but overall had trouble controlling the speaker."

There are 3 or 4 levels of adjustment with the Zero-Autotransformers. Perhaps the level was not the correct one. Is that possible? I am puzzled about your lack of success with the Speltz. How did this control problem manifest itself in terms of SQ?
There are 3 or 4 levels of adjustment with the Zero-Autotransformers. Perhaps the level was not the correct one. Is that possible? I am puzzled about your lack of success with the Speltz. How did this control problem manifest itself in terms of SQ?
I know there are different levels of adjustments.

I was at a BM and the dealer setup the system. I was considering Atma-Sphere MA-2 and wanted to reacquaint myself with their sound again.

I only demo with Zero-Autotransformers in the chain but dealer told me with Zero-Autotransformers, SQ and transparency suffered a little but has better speaker control. I forgot his reason not getting MA-1 so he needed Zero-Autotransformers.
Knghifi,

With my system, SQ and transparency improved a lot with the S-30. I can think of 2 possibilities here -- the driver tubes and system synergy. It took me months to find the best tubes for the S-30. And it has taken years to optimize the S-30 with cables, tweaks and accessories. So, the reason for this happening in your case may not be apparent.
With my system, SQ and transparency improved a lot with the S-30. I can think of 2 possibilities here -- the driver tubes and system synergy. It took me months to find the best tubes for the S-30. And it has taken years to optimize the S-30 with cables, tweaks and accessories. So, the reason for this happening in your case may not be apparent.
Do you know what OTL stands for? Output transformerLESS. From my novice understanding is removing the transformer will improves the SQ, transparency, linearity ...

The reason your system sounds better with Zero-Autotransformer is you bought the wrong size amp. But if you get improved SQ and transparency by adding a Zero-Autotransformer to an OTL, who am I to argue.

I take back what I said earlier, there's no hope for you after all.