AV Receiver recommends

I started researching receivers last year. The only place I could actually audition any of them was at the Magnolia room (Best Buy) and they tend to push you towards the Pioneer D Class Amps. Not that anything is wrong with them I actually like the Pioneer SC-91 that just came out.

I wanted to get the boards consensus though before going that route. I think the AV receiver is my next purchase.

Again, I am running a 5.1 system with B&W CM1's all around, Sony XBR-55HX950 TV, JBL-150 (pending upgrade) and my 15 year old Yamaha AV.

Are there other recommendations outside the Pioneer D Class series? I'm sorta an Apple guy so iPhone, iTunes, Apple TV integration is always a plus.
thx-333
Think Onkyo and Pioneer are combining forces this year. Not sure how that's gonna turn out.
The Pioneer VSX -D 912 is an older model AV receiver no longer available new but if you can find one used (around $100.00- $200.00 used) you won't be disappointed, it's a great sounding two channel receiver that rivals more $ separates. It's only a six channel receiver with no HDMI inputs but if you can get past that it's a superb sounding receiver providing your speakers don't have crazy impedence swings
Thanks Metman…. I think I need an AV Receiver with HDMI connections. 4K is important to me. Currently I think I am starting to sway towards the

Marantz SR5010.

Has the latest HDMI 2.0a Connectivity; HDCP 2.2 Compatible; Full Specification 4K Ultra HD Compatibility - should match up well with the SONY XBR 65X930C 4K TV.

Throw in 5 B&W CM1's all around and I think I am set. Working on the Sub-Wooofer next.