Usijng two different subwoofers

I would like to add another subwoofer to my system. I currently own a B&W ASW 850 15" model. They are no longer made. Could I use another brand, such as the Velodyne DD15 15" with great results in my system, depsite being a different brand? They are both acoustic suspension and I use the SMS-1 on the B&W already.

Thanks in advance.
Ciao,
Audioquest4life
audioquest4life
I don't have experience with the specific experiment here, but I suspect that - if you're crossing to the subs at/below 80, 90, 100hz, it will probably be fine. As the x-over point moves North from there, issues may well arise.

Marty
Ideally they would have to be the same or very close. How they will work in practice is anyone's guess. I wouldn't be afraid to mix similar models from the same company, but from different companies is chancy. I use a REL Stadium 11 on one side and a mark 111 on the other and would be willing to substitute my REL Storm for one if necessary. Why not look for a used B&W if you are happy with its performance?
Hi,
I use two different subs in my home theater system one in front and one in back. One is a 10 inch and one a 12. It sounds great. I use the same subs in my stereo system. They actually match the subs in my main speakers.
Depends on your goal. I go for bass impact in my home theater so I suspect mixing models or even brands might be fun there. However in my high end audio system I go for seamlessness of main speakers to subwoofer. I use a REL and tap the speaker outs, as REL suggests. The result is often spectacular and even funny. Turning on the subwoofer makes the system sound as if the main speakers just got better. Virtually everyone says "I don't hear the sub" until I turn it off! In my audio system, were I to add a second sub, I'd want the same make and model.
Art
Thank you all for your responses. I want to use this for a high end two channel system. The current subwoofer from B&W is no longer made thanks to the new modernized, 22nd century high tech look replacement versus the nice looking real cherry wood finish on my current old B&W 850 sub. I have not had any luck finding another one on this side of the pond, Germany.

That is why I posed the question; I am starting to realize that I must look at other brands. I crossover at 35hz right now.

Ciao,
Audioquest4life