bryston 28bsst2 / mag's 3.7

I'm looking for a preamp to go along with my bryston 28bsst2 and mag's 3.7. Should I stay with bryston or look at tub preamps.
Thanks
bunke
I had 3.6R's for years, and liked the match with Bryston very much (although I must say the Sanders Magtech was by far the best amp I ever used with Maggies, followed closely by the Cary MB500's) and when I first got those together I had a Bryston preamp.

I eventually switched to a Cary SLP98p F1, that was the hot rodded version sold through Upscale Audio. I still have the preamp, and now that I'm in a smaller room, I've traded my 3.6R's for a super MMG system (with a Bryston 4BSST2 btw).

I love the sound of Cary preamps, it's decidedly warm, and that balances, to my ear, the sound of high powered planar speakers with matching amplification.

The SLP 05 or SLP98 models will work very well for you.

I've also always loved the ARC preamps, but they are not as warm as the Cary's.

Good luck, cheers.
I've had multiple systems of Maggies partnered with Bryston amps and tube preamps,which in my opinion is a requirement to flesh out that linear Bryston sound.What worked well for me were Audio Research products,specifically LS 15/16,Ref 3.
Audio Horizons preamps are also a seamless match.
Take a look at the BAT VK-43SE SS preamp. I have used the Bat VK-42SE (previous model) with many Bryston amps (up to 7B-SST) and it was a great match. I love the BAT pre-amp. I used to own the Bryson BP25 but that was a very long time ago and nowhere in the class of the BAT.
Not true. Their top of the line BP26 is an overlooked and ignored gem. No treble grit or grain with a solid bass and a clean midrange. Contrary to the untrue belief that Bryston doesn't do soundstaging and depth, this will portray it beautifully if it is there in the recording. A dead silent and solidly built product. It competes with the best solid state preamps out there. It's been on the market for a long time because Bryston got it right the first time.