Ribbon speakers

Greetings

I'm looking for a great set of bookshelf speakers that use Ribbon tweeters.

What brand and models are good?

Thanks
mcgarick
Mcgarick,
It is quite possible that a two way bookshelf speaker with a traditional midbass driver and ribbon tweeter may not sound as similar to the Apogees as you may like. I have listened to Legacy's latest bookshelf offering, the Studio HD. It was at their factory showroom driven by a Cary integrated. It sounded harsh to my ears. I'm not knocking ribbon tweeters out of hand. Years ago I had a pair of ESS Heil bookshelf speakers -10" woofer along with the Heil "air motion transformer" (a ribbon driver)- a fine speaker I wish I would have held on to. I guess my point is, listen before you buy and match source and amp accordingly. All the best.
Hi,

Please check out Nola Micro or Metro Grand Reference speakers. The Micros are awesome. I used to have Apogee Duettas and the Nolas are by far a superb speaker.

Joe

Another vote for the original Infinity Modulus. It used Infinity's time proven Emit ribbon tweeter and sounds effortless. I have two pair of them and they are extremely detailed and musical.
Check out the Sonist Concerto 2. They're efficient, easy to drive, and sound fantastic!