Is JL best sub for the money?

Looking for a sub to complete my fathers system, Vandersteen Quatro Signature speakers, Audio Research Ref 3 pre, Aesthetix Atlas amp. System is in a 13x22 room with treatment but no bass traps. The JL 113 is what has my fathers interest and used it comes at a good price, so for around $2500 is there other models I need to check out new or used? I do admit I like the idea of a calibration mic the JL offers so that or a EQ with test disc would be huge bonus.............thanks for all ideas.
PS While the Vandersteens dig low with his Organ playing and Classical music collection that bottom end is something we will only get with a sub, I have hooked up a Def Tech 15in sub to show him benefit of air and slam so just need something more musical and tunable. again thanks
chadnliz
Thanks Albert I was thinking about the TBI Magellan VIP Powered Subwoofers that are listed;I have been told they match well with soundlabs;thanks for your reply.
Might want to have a look at the Zu Audio Method sub woofer, too. In a recent article, the reviewer, who had previously sworn his allegiance to JL's Fathom F-112 quickly switched to the Zu after hearing it. Zu is slightly more pricey, coming in at 3200.

That's a great review, thanks for the link.

Note though, the review compares a single driver JL to a dual drive Zu. My JL Audio subs are the F212, meaning I have twin woofers like the Zu but retain the ARO feature for my music system.

I would like to hear the Zu based on the review, twin 15" can't be bad and at $3200.00 each, twin Zu come in at $5800.00 a pair less than Fathom F212s.

I love my JL but there are going to be a lot of people interested in Zu at that price.
I have 2 jl audio F113 in my 2ch system with my stats and they are the best subs I have even owned --they are seemless---- there is always a new guy on the audio block and what any reviewer says may not be what you would think --trust your own ears--I don't think you will be disapointed with the jl's -- more importantly they have bass timbre and are truly musical--good luck --Rich
Post removed 
The Zu subwoofer review is from a Wes Marshall, who uses ATC SCM50 speakers. If Zu integrates with ATC then it is indeed a "musical" type sub rather than a HT type. ATC bass is thin, precise and tight. ATC make a large 15" subwoofer but it is ugly compared to the Zu and more expensive.