budget towers? $500/pair

I am a novice in the knowledge of world of high-end audio equipment. I am looking to buy two very budget-minded towers that will fill a small/medium sized room for movies/music. I have a set of yamaha HS80m studio monitors along with the matching sub, and I am very happy with how these sound within a 5' foot range (i.e at my desk mixing music etc). However, these speakers do not seem to have a room filling sound any farther away than a desk seated position in relation to them on account that they are near-field monitors. Does anyone have advice as to whether or not I should stick it out with current monitors or upgrade to a 2.1 tower config for movies/music and if so which brand/model?
klemke89
Another option, NHT 2.5i. A pair is for sale for $529, but I've seen them go in the $400 range. Great speakers, especially at that price.

http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?spkrfull&1274030583&/NHT-2.5i-Floorstanding-Speaker
Take a look at your local craigslist. Good stuff does come up occasionally. I got my NHT classic fours that way for about what you want to spend.

Mark