How to tame brightness

System is:

Audio refinement Complete Int
EPOS - M12
Music Hall Cd25
All Signal cables

Issue:
I love the overall sound of this system, but the Epos tend to get sharp/edgy/hazy/shrill. How can I tame this issue, or does it require and upgrade?
gmc56
How do you have your speakers firing? Straight or with toe in? The more you toe them in, the more you will tame the high frequencies. As KR above mentions, room treatments would be first line of defence. You can try absorption/diffusion panels at first reflection points on the side walls and if your listening seat is right smack on your rear wall than a similar panel behind your listening seat (i would look for a panel with both absorption and diffusion or just diffusion in the panel behind your head). Finally, your choice of cabling can also tame a hot top end. Hope this helps.
Room acoustics seem to be the culprit here. I started playing around with the "reflection points" and found the one behind my head seems the worst. Thanks so much for your insightful comments and pointing to this issue so quickly. Most novices like me never consider this subject. It's always a problem with the equipment!

Greg
Try aiming the tweeter a little out from where they are aimed now. Sound stage may suffer some but if you reduce the brightness it may outweight the difference.
Thats a characteristic of EPOS that I've heard in the past. They might just be extremely honest and clear in the treble, or might exaggerate that area of the treble, I've always wondered. Anyway, personally I love Cardas cable. Use the Cross line to add a touch of refinement to an overly eager treble. Use reference line to preserve neutrality.
Art
Post removed