New Eggleston Savoys ?

I had a weak monment and bought a pair of Eggleston Savoy speakers for my large room. My room is 28x22x10 on peer and beam wood floors. I hope I made the right decision.
coxhaus
Pass is certainly not known to make cold sounding amps unless he's changed direction. Smooth and beautiful tone come to mind, and not the last word in bass control, usually associated with full class A bias.
Note that this is only based on having a pair of Alephs at home a few years ago. There have been a few new products from him since.
Worth a try anyway, don't dismiss them.
Coxhaus, I am assuming that you bought new speakers?
If so, they will need many hours of playing before you can evaluate them.

I have a 25' X 17' room with Andra 2 speakers. I am using a Pass Labs X350.5 and it has plenty of power for the Andra's.
I would think the Pass X600.5 would be even better. The older Pass 350 and 600 were not as warm sounding as the new .5 series so maybe thats what your friend had.

Anyway, I agree they need power to sound there best, but they also need break in time.

By the way, I own Synergistic Reasearch cables and preferred them over the Valhalla's.

Make sure you pull the speakers out from the back wall, and sides they will need space to breathe.
Coxhaus,
It has to be north of MA, the Power 3 is too much in the hot humid summer months :-) ... great as a heater with music in the winter though :-) Currently looking into a quick warm up and cool running SS amp for the summer including several Class D (I need to keep an open mind) recommended by friends.

I had a SF Line 3SE+. After the SE+ mod, I was so please with the results that I shipped my Power 3's to Chris for the same treatment. Last year I decided to downside into a SS integrated and sold the Line 3. Realizing can't live with just an integrate so slowly wasting more $$ ... I meant rebuilding my system again.

I just replaced all my Synergistic Apex bi-wire spkr and xlr ICs with ASI Liveline. I much prefer the ASI in MY system.
The Spectron amp/Joule preamp combination has many advocates. I have not heard it. The Spectron is class D, and will run cool. The Pass certainly will get quite warm.

What is your budget for the amp and preamp?