New Eggleston Savoys ?

I had a weak monment and bought a pair of Eggleston Savoy speakers for my large room. My room is 28x22x10 on peer and beam wood floors. I hope I made the right decision.
coxhaus
My Savoys are 11 months old bought off Audiogon. Wow is all I can say about the Savoys. I started playing delta blues Slim Harpo disc 2 “The Excello Collection” and the drive and harmonica from the speakers is the best I have heard. I then played Joe Henderson “Lush Life”. My wife plays saxophone and she could hear all the keys being played on the saxophone incredible. These speakers are revealing but in a very musical way. I moved on the classical Scheherazade. The speakers took on a different personally playing classical. They were very dynamic and detailed with the top piccolos ever so sweet. These speakers are so much more than my B&W 801s. The 801s are like tiny speakers without meat compared to the Savoys. I can’t get enough of my new speakers. One of these days I will have stop music and start looking at equipment again but not now. Ah… it’s good to be retired. I know what I am doing today and tomorrow.
PS.
I don't think I will trade.
lee
This is the first day for me to use the new Savoys. I worried the night before they were installed but I have gotten over it and have moved on. I think I have figured out why the Savoys are extremely revealing and still great speakers. The Savoys present such a large picture of sound that if the details were not there then the picture would be lacking. A lot of speakers present a compressed picture to fit in smaller rooms without overload. The volume from the Savoys speakers is large. You would not own these in a small room. But the plus side is you can hear all nuances and details you crave without being to analytical. I guess if there is a down side to the speakers they do not play at low volumes and create a small picture. I don’t care as I bought large speakers to play large in a big room. The Savoys breathe large pictures of sound so easily compared to the B&W 801s. The 801 will go there but they are straining and not revealing. It is easy to tell.
Rats!!!!!

Glad to hear that you are enjoying them so much.

(I too have been enjoying the Andra II speakers, since I bought them a couple of years ago. Eggleston seems to have a knack for making speakers that can just plain get the heck out of the way when making music! These speakers seem to disappear like only the very best speakers I have ever had can do.)

Question:
What amplier(s) are you driving the Savoys with, by the way?

(Just curious. In case you are wondering, I am using the hybrid (200 wpc) Lamm M2.1 monoblocks. Great amps, with great speakers. Good combo, IMHO!!)

Congrats on making a fine choice, btw!!!
Not to worry, as you have stated, you made the right decision IMO. Congrats & enjoy. I love my Andra II's and had thought of moving up to other manufactuers in the price range +$5-$10K -- but have always come to the conclusion it would be a sideways move and not upward as initially led to believe.

If you keep the upgrade bug at bay, you'll keep these for some time.

Bob
I have a couple of amps left over from prior speakers. I have a pair of Sonic Frontiers Power 3 monos with KT88 installed. I really like these amps. They make about 240 watts. They are just not big enough for the Savoys. The Savoys like power. I also have a pair of Classe CAM 350 monos. These are my main amps right now with the Savoys. I think I may go bigger in the future, not sure what I would upgrade to. The Classe 350 amps are connected to my speakers with 2 pairs of very short Nordost SPM Speaker cables. The speaker cables are only 2 feet for each pair. This amp combo creates a very fast presentation allowing the amps to build a complete image at least in my mind.

If you are thinking of upgrading to the Savoys make sure you have the space. My room is over 5000 cubic feet. Just about perfect.

I have to agree with you about Eggleston, they seem to have a knack for making musical speakers. It just doesn’t matter what type of music I play they just disappear and let the music come forth.
More to discover