Jeff Rowland

Is there anyone that is familiar with Jeff Rowland amps that can tell me the difference between the 525 with a Capri 2 preamp compared to the Continuum S2 Integrated amp?
ricred1
Bombaywalla,

Yes you are correct, M525 would not be more inherently nuanced in bridged mode than in standard stereo mode. However, if in bridged mode each chassis is on a lower duty cycle for the Ariel speaker, it is quite possible that the end effect will be... One of enhanced nuance. I already know from eyewitness reports that M525 delivers markedly greater authority in bridged mode than in stereo mode.

From all reports I have heard, M525 do not degrade their performance in any way in bridged mode... That is why Rowland has decided to place an easy to flip selector switch in back of amp.

Rowland specs are extremely conservative and simply do not tell the whole story.... Yes, Rowland has applied M525 bridged to large lower impedance speakers with great results... Sorry I do not remember which ones.

This is not a tribunal... Richard need not justify his audiophilic cravings in front of us *grins!*

I for one am looking forward to hearing Richard's findings... I am following threads to learn more than anything else... Damm the specks... All steam ahead Richard! *Grins!*

FG.
Ricred1, Guidocorona, thanks for your respective posts & clarifications.
What happened in my post also happened earlier in Onhwy61's post when he asked what Ricred1's vision was. Just like me, Onhwy61 didn't think that Ricred1 had a vision for his improvements until Ricred1 came back in the next post & said so. It seems to me that Ricred1's not the greatest in communicating his thoughts & ideas & when he's out looking for advice like this, communication is everything. We don't know each other & we can only go by what info is posted. Like I wrote in my post there are no posts on bridging the M525s so I naturally assumed no one's discussed the pros & the cons....
Yeah, I agree its not a tribunal for sure. If Ricred1 is soliciting advice then lets discuss the topic in depth but that only happens when there's a better flow of information otherwise people end up making wrong assumptions.

Ricred1 I didn't insult your intelligence - I wrote that I assumed you didn't understand & further in parenthesis I also wrote that my assumption could be wrong.
Bombay walla, soliciting advice or options does not imply that the questioner has an obligation to heed such opinions, nor to explain his deviations from the above.

In the end, Richard's own findings in situ will add to the body of hard evidence-knowledge on this site one way or another.

G.
Earlier in this thread I never meant to suggest that Ricred1 didn't have a vision, but that I wished he'd actually state it as opposed to the original question about a preamp vs. separates.

I too am a little surprised by his choice of bridging the power amps, but I suspect he'll be quite happy, at least for a little while. All his stated goals can be better addressed by loudspeaker placement and acoustic treatment (sometimes adding, sometimes removing). I also wonder why saving up for the 625s is out of the question?

It's not a tribunal, but to think there are no judgments being made is naive. I would hope that on these forums we can honestly and directly share our thoughts.
I believe that the just announced Rowland M625 S2 may cost approx $18K. Makes for significant planning impliccations. G.