Hemp Drivers, musicians lov'em, audiophiles?

I'm demo-ing a pair of Fritz Monitor X with the Hemp drivers, at 85 db they're not the best match for the 6L6 powering them. Turns out Santana and many other notable hall of fame musicians prefer similar drivers to get their signature sound. Only similar by description to what Fritz uses for pro audio performance use, they sound great. In a home, audiophile setting, I'm constantly liking them, loving them then disliking them altogether, as they require lots of absorption materials (wall mounted) to tame and focus the bass. I'm guessing crossover design is probably very important and plays a big role when these monitors were conceived. I purposely asked for a broken in pair to evaluate. Again, its a love hate thing. Anybody had similar results, I'm curious.
loanofficer
[guess I should clarify what it is I'm trying to ask ya you] still need too. So what is it you feel hemp cones are problematic or you feel they are the bomb? You say both. And if you read my post above I answered your question. Cone materials are not what your listening too. You hearing a loudspeaker using hemp cones. If hemp had such a drastic sound quality that it would be easy to hear hemp;) It wouldn't work so well as cone material would it? Its just a type of paper cone your placing to much emphasis on something thats a non issue. For guitar speakers you want break up for audio you do not want drivers to run when breakin up. This is one of the things that cause guitar drivers to sound different they breakup some sooner some later.

The speaker does not break up. The amp goes into distortion and you hear it throu the speaker...
Dklk,it sure does and the amp also goes into distortion. From eminences web site for 12in guitar driver with hemp cone [SLOW TO BREAKUP WITH A FAT AGGRESSIVE BASS SOUND WITH SMOOTH WARM MIDS & HIGHS] This ones from another 12in hemp cone [FAST BREAKUP W/ A SUBDUED TIGHT BASS SOUND, SMOOTH MIDS & LOUD HIGHS WITH A BITE] Check out eminences site as well as any site selling guitar drivers.