Amplifier humming

Hi,
I am Gnana Sekhar Thompson from Inida. I have an Electrocompaniet AW250 DMB Power Amplifier. A slight HUM comes from the Transformers (650 VA Toroidal). The speakers are dead silent. I need your guidance in this matter. I am much worried. Please let me know the options to correct this problem. Please spend your valuable few minutes to help me. Is it advisible to change the transformers? Will it affect the sound quality? Thanks.
gnanasekhar
If you bought an amp new, noticeable transformer hum may be part of warranty service. However, a SLIGHT HUM may be in all their amps that are using that type of transformer.

Swampwalker has provided a possible fix. In the case of DC on your power line, there are units that filter the DC such as the Emotiva CMX-2.
https://emotiva.com/products/accessories/cmx-2
I use a P.S. Audio Humbuster III...although no longer made you can still find them on Ebay or someplace and they work GREAT to solve that exact issue.
The AW250R stereo amp for India may be 230V, please confirm this as the power strip/conditioner needs to support that rating.
Hi,
I'm extremely sorry. I have left out one more complaint. While playing the sound stops for a second. This happens three or 4 times in a hour of continuous playing. Thanks,,,,,,,