maggie SMG sounds dead

I have been reunited with a pair of these that I owned a few years ago. They had been in storage since. I hooked them up to a hovland saphire and both speakers sound as if they are missing a lot of the sound i remember. Not much high freq at all. I stripped sock off one of them but there is nothing obvious wrong. All hints and ideas welcome
willsandbills
My suggestion is to canvass the opinion of those over at the Planar Asylum @ Audio Asylum. That is where many of the Maggie lovers congregate.
Listen closely(physically) to the high freq section of both panels, and determine if there is any output. It could very well be that hearing has changed, or that you have become accustomed to the repsonse of your newer speakers. It's unlikely that either the fuses, or hi-pass filter caps, went bad in both speakers.
Try playing them for a few days or week or more at loud volumes,but not loud enough to hurt them.They may have stiffened up from setting.In other words they may need to be broken in again.Nothing to loose by trying.The only other thing I could think of is what Rodman said.
Listen to the speakers with and without the fuses. If there is no difference the tweeterwire has broken.
Also rodman and hifitime have good suggestions.