Zu Druids upgraded Vs Essence

How does the upgraded Druid compare with the Essence?

I own a pair of the Druids and have been loving them for a few years. Was wondering if the Essence is worth the leap

Cheers
bonesetter2004
Want to hop on this thread myself to hear difference in speakers.Price drop from $5K to $3500 and difference in tweeter I'd like to know myself.Read 6moons review of both and got me wondering if I'd buy direct and new once I have ditched some other gear.Can think of it as trade off since both can be run on super cheap A/B or T or maybe S.E.T if I want to stay with tubes.
Chazz
I had a pair of Zu Druids with the 08 Upgrade Kit. I sold them in August and bought the Zu Essence. In my opinion, the Essence is a much improved speaker over the Druid and is more of a full-range speaker. The Essence has much improved top end (sparkling highs) and bottom end (down to about 28 Hz before rolloff), plus the midrange is improved. They are much less critical regarding room placement, have a wider dispersion/sweet spot, and improved soundstage (depth of imaging). Well worth the effort to make the change from my perspective.
I have observed similar results as Helms above. The Essence is definitely a step up in performance over the Druid. That's not to say I didn't enjoy my Druids, as I did very much. The Essence is a more well rounded product, especially in the bass presentation over the Druids.
I am very intrigued by the Essence. I' sit only about 7 feet from my speakers though. Is this enough room for the soundstage to intigrate? Or should I be further back?
I have a Druid IV - so was your upgrade path from older Druid to Essence or was it Druid IV. Another one intrigued but what I read about the Essence.