Pass Lab XA30.5 with Totems

Would this amp work with the Mani-2's, Forest or even Winds? In reading other posts on the Totems, they seem to want power but I have been deceved before about needing power. I have an old set of Martin Logan's Arius i speakers that "supposily" need alot of power but the Pass really make them sing without a lot of effort. Of course I am not into LOUD music either. Thanks..
alremc
*If you love the amp, and it doesn't quite work with the speakers, it is (still) a great SS amp. It was extraordinairy with my Merlin VSM-MXes (Pubul57)*

Merlin's are a great suggestion IMO, esp. w/a lower-power power amp. I had TSM's & loved them (w/in their limits). I love my Mani-2's now, but probably wouldn't try them w/a power amp w/o enough watts/current.

Nothing wrong with matching speakers to an amp that you really like.....I say keep the Pass amp, get speakers that work well with them.....
>>10-14-09: Steveaudio
Nothing wrong with matching speakers to an amp that you really like<<

Nothing except the limitation you've placed on speaker choice.

Speakers have a much larger impact on a system's sound than any other component so it makes no sense to build around an amp.

None.
I completely disagree with Audiofeil (not looking to start an argument, but just want to display a different viewpoint). There are some tangible traits that can only be had in certain amplification no matter what is hooked up before or after it. No matter what you change in the stream you sometimes cannot reach that particular sound that the amplifier can give. Just my opinion.

For example, the Totem Mani2s are relentlessly power hungry, running a Pass X250.5 or better will yield great results, but the X250.5 will never have the particular organic sonics of the XA series. Thus many folks find speakers to fit a particular amp to achieve that organic sound. Again, just want to show a different opinion.
Fatcataudio, I do understand what you are saying, and it certainly is a consideration, there are certain amplifiers that have a certain kind of performance that is very appealing, I think the Pass XA30.5 wo uld be a very good example, SETs and OTLs would be another, as they have unique qualites as amplifiers, and I agree with you that you could start there and find a speaker that matches well. On the other hand, I agree with Bill that the speaker is likely to be the component that has the greatest influence on the basic sound of a system, and the variations between speakers seem to me to be of a higher order than between amplification ans digital sources of similar quality and price points. For that reason, I still think that finding the speaker you love should come first and then find the amplification for it. Not that you couldn't end up at the same place the other way around, but I think getting the speaker right first will tend to lead you to a more satisfying solution. But there is more than one way to go about it. I knew I wanted tube friendly speakers so that guided my search, but the Merlins than opened up the possibility of going the OTL route or amps with 30 or so watts. If I had fallen in love with Thiels, I could not own the amps I do, not the even the great XA30.5.