Dissapointed with my new speakers

So a couple of weeks ago I replaced my 2 year old Klipsch RB25 bookshelves with a pair of B&W DM603 S2 floorstanders. When I first auditioned them I fell in love with their resolution and clarity however having lived with them for two weeks now, I am very dissapointed in the low-end and to a much lesser extent, the midrange.

On most songs, the bottom end seems very lacking compared to the Klipsch bookshelves and simply pales in comparison to the Klipsch RF82s we have in the living room. In addition the mid-range seems a little over emphasized. I can probably get used to the mid-range however, the lack of low end impact I probably couldn't get used to. I was thinking about adding a subwoofer but a half-decent one would start around $250 and go up from there and the speakers themselves are worth around $450-500. This got me thinking, maybe I should just switch to a different pair of speakers instead of trying to make the current system sound better. What do you guys suggest?

P.S.-I'm in Hawai'i so while I'm open to used speakers, shipping here will usually run about $250+ for floorstanders so I'd only have about $500 for the speakers.
skyline889
Interesting. Because there seemed be some concern about bass weight, I completely skimmed over the Totem Arros, but Mapman knows I am a huge fan of those. Agree on the power requirements for that speaker, but the imaging is fantastic and the attractively finished skinny boxes have huge WAF. The slightly larger Sttaf has a bigger sound, but for a lot more money (would be surprised to see these for under $1000).

For the asking price of the VR2s, you could almost buy a new pair of Totem Forests which are a SERIOUS speaker. I do recommend you go listen to the Totem line of products if you can - you may find that you would be quite happy with one of their compact speakers like the Rainmaker or Model One instead of a pair of floorstanders.
I've always been interested in the Rainmakers and the other Totems, but they seem like such small speakers. That was one thing I disliked about my RB25s, they sounded relatively good but you could tell that they were small speakers as they lacked the soundstaging, imaging, and impact you get from larger floorstanders. Also would they be a good match for both home theater and music use? Since amplification has been brought up several times, will my Denon be enough to power them? I paid an arm and a leg for it and because of it's weight (55lbs) it would be relatively difficult to sell unless I find a local buyer.

BTW-Sorry for all the questions and thanks for the help!
MB9061, FINALLY someone else who will admit the Monitor's are BRIGHT for music....guess it's the metal drivers that make them that way...I had a great deal on a pair of the top of the line (can't remember which one) a few years ago and really wanted to like them, but finally the wife told me they sucked and she was tired of listening to them, thank goodness!
I think the Denon should be adequate for use with most of the Totem models except maybe the Hawks and the Mani II.

All Totems I have listened to have terrific imaging relative to other speakers of similar size and cost.

I think what large floor standers can provide has more to do with the "weight" and "Scale" of the presentation than imaging. Difficult for me to enjoy large orchestras or Rock at near concert volumes on anything other than several hundred watts of amplification pushing large or multiple bass drivers - which usually means a system with a great subwoofer or larger floor standing speakers.

For most other kinds of music, particularly in smaller rooms, quality monitors that are well placed on stands with good amplification can be very enjoyable. In fact, because of their usually smaller face area and the closer physical proximity of their smaller drivers, monitors typically "disappear" in the sound field better than floor standers.

One exception is the Totem Arro which is a super slim floorstander that images more like a great monitor.

In larger rooms, bass and overall "scale" and "weight" of the presentation can be lacking in monitor-based systems without the addition of a well integrated sub.
Mb9061,

If you are talking about the MA Gold series - they have a reputation for being overly bright - while the Silver and Bronze series (less expensive!) sound pretty darn good.