Wilson's new speaker the Sasha is coming.

THere is a teaser on their website. Looks beautiful if you can make out the images. I think it is a step up from the WP generation. Maybe a replacement.
dgad
Hi, I have to agree also with the darker on top, however I'd like to add with no loss in resolution and maybe really improved resolution and extension.

This is a critical point to add because most assume dark as less high end info or closed down top end. Not so in this case.

I have owned WP 6's, 8's, Maxx 2's and now Maxx 3's.

Dave b: I own the MX R's. I don't agree with your comment that this is what is causing flyski's results. The speakers are different and better.
Thanks Bflowers for a reasonable answer. I owned WP6's, 7's and Sophias plus an I had the opportunity to hear the Maxx 2's extensively at a friends house. I also recently heard the Maxx 3's at my local dealer with Krell/Transparent gear. For me, whether matched with ARC/BAT or Krell reference gear, as I had used, the WP 6's were my favorite. Recently, the Wilson sound has gone too far toward the relaxed, forgiving or if you will "Dark Side". One of the main reasons I went with Magnepans is because of the enhanced tonal complexity they offer in the upper registers. Another problem exists when mating Wilson speakers with Transparent cabling which uses a Bessel filter approach to noise reduction...their in line filters chop off the frequencies above 20Khz, as do many components. When you combine speakers and equipment that shelve frequencies above 20Khz you get a slightly claustrophobic sound. At first it may sound relaxed and polite vs other systems, but over time you want to reach for the oxygen tank and get a fresh breath of air:O)
Daveb,

Hence my switch to Tara cables. Smooth and extended highs without glare. What I have found is that opinions on treble/high frequencies vary between listeners and you need to understand the other persons bias before accepting their recommendations.
Has anyone else heard the Sasha?

I've ordered a pair, am pairing them with CAT JL-3 Mk2s and a Wadia 781i. I need more impressions of them as I'm still shopping for a preamp.