Wilson's new speaker the Sasha is coming.

THere is a teaser on their website. Looks beautiful if you can make out the images. I think it is a step up from the WP generation. Maybe a replacement.
dgad
I have not seen specs, anybody else? Sensitivity, impedance, frequency response, weight, dimensions, etc...
just quessing if its 4 ohms then sensitivity will be in 91-93db range, impedance similar to WP. unless they totaly went in opozite direction.
I've owned many of the pretty boxes mentioned here and quite a few others. At the end of the day, trying to get the impossible out of a box design is lunacy. The medium is inherently flawed in contrast to how music is dispersed in real space/time. The Wilsons, Magico's etc...sound like variations on a theme with a genetic error encoded in their AudioDNA. Compared to a Magneplanar for example, they project sound through little cones directly at you, trying to squeeze enormous amounts of acoustical information through a relatively small opening. Music travels as waves in space in all directions directly from a(n) instrument(s). The Maggies resemble this event closest with a larger radiating area and in a more seemless manner. I was just in the market again for speakers to replace my latest ones (Wilson Sophias), and was considering Sophia 2's, Magico V3's and Audio Physic...I've owned WP System 6's and 7's, Dynaudio C4's, B&W 801N's, Dunlavy SC-V's, ML Odyssey's, Totem Winds and Forest's. The Maggie Demo told me something special was going on versus the typical box design, like being able to hear the entire Hall or a Grand Piano with all of it's acoustic energy and acoustic presence intact. All of the music flowed effortlessly with a wholeness and organic nature that sounded just about identical to the real thing! It's hard to describe the Maggie sound except to say that it sounds like your sitting in the presence of musicians with only air between you and them...nothing is masked or lost in the box. In my home, the MG3.6R's are even more enthralling...music lives and breathes and expands and contracts and ebbs and flows just as in the Hall. Many people will change box after box after box in search of the impossible...save yourself alot of money and frustration and at least seriously consider a Magnepan. They may just turn out to be your last speaker:O) Head bangers and technophiles need not apply...sorry:O(
They say that once you go panels, you never go back. I guess I am evidence to the contrary. Magnepan creates some great sounding transducers to be sure, but are they the end all/be all? Hell no. So far, I've yet to find anything that is, and telling people anything different is misleading at best. I'm glad you found your huckleberry with the Maggies Dave. I've thoroughly enjoyed my time with the planars, full range ribbons, and stats' that I've owned.
There are compromises w. both designs. Magies have their limits as well. Need tons of current, and can't play loud. Need perfect symmetry for setup etc etc. Wilsons are a little more flexible. No question the Maggies give you something special. If we could only get it all in one package. Sweet spot size also has some issues in many planar/electrostatic designs.