Monitors for Extreme Near-field listening

I can't seem to get a good sound out of the speakers that I use on my computer desk system. I wonder if LS3/5A monitors will help, as I have heard they are good for very-near-field listening.

My setup now includes:

Jungson DA-I200A power amp
Parasound P3 preamp
Consonance 120 Tuner.

My current speakers are Acoustic Energy bookshelf speakers, but they sound rather 'thin'. I have other systems with similar/lesser speakers/components that don't have this problem - for example, I am now listening to a Carver amp, Parasound Tuner, and Baby Advents, and they sound just fine.

So would LS 3/5A's or more modern equivalents such as Spendors or Harbeths help?
joeylawn36111
Mark and Daniel Maximus Mini's make for first rate ultra near-field monitors. Exceptional sound quality, output, and range from these affordable tots.

Dynaudio Focus 110A's would be a good bet if you were up for disregarding your amp. A passive set of Focus 110's would also be good, although you have to be mindful of placing them real close to walls.

Meadowlark Swallow's - if you can find a set used. Warning, the company hasn't been around in awhile so there's no support. Great speakers though.

Finally, on the pricier side of town - we have the Guru QM-10. Exceptional monitors that deliver the hi-fi good's in spades and best of all, can work well against walls and in both near-field and mid-field apps.

Whatever you end up with, be it my suggestions or something else entirely - I hope you end up finding what you're looking for.
Was just listening to desktop speakers and found the Bose desktop speakers with ICE amps actually sound very good.

Bang & Olufsen BeoLab 4 speakers are another speaker that makes you go WOW. It also uses the ICE amps technology for desktop speakers.
If your computer desk is against the wall and your listening position is directly in front of the flat screen monitor of the PC, I would concur with Entrope's idea.