Klipsch Heresy: Inexpensive Int. Amps or Receivers

I just helped a friend pick up a pair of Klipsch Heresy's in good condition, now it's time to select the right amplification. They like a full range of music - and want to experience both rock with all its power to the sweetness of vocals. They are not averse to tubes, but need something with multiple inputs. They don't have a lot of money, so $450 would likely be tops. Right now, my short list includes:

- Jolida 102b
- Restored tube integrateds from Eico or Scott
- Older Marantz receivers (e.g. 22xx series, low power)

Thoughts on these candidates? Other recommendations? Thanks very much in advance. Peter
peter_s
Jolida for the price, and power range is a very good choice.. Can be found used for good deals too. However only reason to go with any vintage gear like a sansui or a marantz is that you want some tone controls to boost bass or tame down the horn. Other than that the jolida should be a one stop solution for matching pretty well.

Tone controls can be nice for these speakers as they are not perfectly well balanced, but are a great design as a platform for tweaking and cheap enough to do it with good results.
I picked up a pair of Heresys and a Luxman R-1050 (55wpc) reciever this weekend. I was floored at how good the pair sounded. The Luxman has a very tube like sound with the grip of a SS amp. More detail and clarity than I was expecting. Very life like presentation. More than enough power to drive the Heresys to concert levels. Don't overlook using vintage equipment. Plus the wood grains on the vintage equipment looks so cool. I have also had Cayin and Prima Luna products and would recommend them.

Good luck and have fun...great speakers.
The more power the better. Klipsch woofers just don't get going until they are fed power. Use warm cables to cool down the shouty midrange.
My Heresy IIIs I picked up the other day have plenty of bass. Being driven by a Cary 120S tube amp. I had Heresy Is in the 80s and they could never seem to get enough power for the bass. I think the problem as mentioned in another thread was they were designed to be on the floor. My IIIs have the risers and sound quite good.