Hi Wilson W/P8 owners, best amp ever to drive WP8?

I have a pair of W/P8 for over a year, used with Krell 700cx amp. The system sounds great but I crave for a little more warmth and glow in the midrange, overall airiness in the treble and soundstage plus a more natural/real presence of acoustics. I have audition Audio Research Ref210s with W/P8, love the sound but was bothered by the overly full mid bass(typical of tube amp?) and the slight loss of focus and precision when compared to my Krell amp. Well controlled bass and a tight mid bass are top priority. What amps, SS or tubes, have you owned that optimise the sound performance of your W/P8s. Thanks for sharing your experience.
arwp
I have a Krell cx series amp, and have found that it really reflects the upstream components. You didn't tell us what preamp you are using, but perhaps a good tube pre (REF 3?) might do the trick for you. That way you don't have to give up that legendary Krell bass management that you like, which should do a great job with the WP8's low end.
I like my choice Lamm ML 2.1's. What's upstream is so important? Settle on those components first then amps. Compare your system other Wilson systems online. Try emails. Forums don't always work.
FWIW, the Wilsons are designed to favor tubes. If you really want to get everything out of them that they have to offer, you will have to take the plunge into the world of tubes.
Dear Arwp: I respect the Atmasphere asumption that the 8's are designed to favor tubes but IMHO that assumption could be a " little " controversial ( for say the least ) due that the 8's has a complex electrical impedance curve that goes so low like 2.2 Ohms that always for any tube amplifier represent a very high target that the tube unit can't achieve ( fully " calm " ) making a degradation ( distortion/colorations ) to the audio signal, this does not happen with SS units like the one you own.

Even MR. Atkinson ( that like Atmasphere has a top knowledge on the subject ) in the Stereophile 8's review made this comment about:

" However, and also like its predecessors, the WATT/Puppy 8's impedance characteristic demands the use of an amplifier that can deliver generous amounts of current. " adding:

" It is definitely a difficult load for an amplifier to drive,........The Wilson did sound superb driven by Ayre MX-R monoblocks on both of the occasions I listened seriously to it in Wes's room. ""

No, I don't want to start any " argue " on the subject with Atmasphere, it is only a different opinion: IMHO I think SS is the best way to go with the 8's but of course any one else could think different.

Regards and enjoy the music.
Raul.