2-way speaker with best bass

I know all the arguments about how crossovers can screw up loudspeakers, and hence the many inherent advantages of 2-ways over multi-driver designs. But there comes a point where the laws of physics can only be bent so far...

So... what IYO is the 2-way speaker that most successfully plumbs the depths, that provides the best full, but "tight and tuneful", bass, with good pitch definition, without completely messing up the higher registers?

For the moment, let's not worry about how this achievement might affect impedance and sensitivity.
128x128twoleftears
Good call, Spenceroo. I forgot about the Timepiece - it definitely belongs in this thread.

Duke
11-17-08: Spenceroo
I've said it before and I'll say it again, but take a good look at the SP Technology Timepiece 3.0

Nice but be aware of.......... what are you going to pair them with.
Few amps work really well with SPs. Hungry little buggers. Tube pre also helps.
IMO

Mariusz
I've been feeding my 3.0s with a pair of Channel Islands D-200s. I don't have a tube pre (Sim Audio P-5LE), but I have a nice tube CD player and lots of vinyl. Things are sounding great so far.
I haven't read all the posts but maybe the totem mani 2 sigs will do the trick.
I haven't the time to read all the responsive posts, so some one else may have may this suggestion...

By far the easiest response I have ever had to make...THE BEST 2-way with good bass has to be the Devore Super 8s....hands down.

Try'em, you'll like'em.

John