ugly tweak

i put blanket over my big 34" tube tv . now everything sound good. (for tv space between speaker only)
jcop

Been there, done that; see the system linked below. To give credit where credit is due, it was a suggested by a fellow 'Goner and did improve things. I eventually moved the TV to the bedroom where it could do what it did best: put me to sleep.

I moved into a new place a couple of months ago and the TV is still in the garage. Out of sight, out of sound stage?
A friend did that to our TV once during a visit and the change was noticeable. Of course WAF was low and right now there is no other place to put the TV but perhaps you simply buy a "designer blanket" and call it good. HA!!

I liked Fpeel's comment about the TV's function - putting him to sleep. Me Too!
Come out from under the blanket my friend. I converted from a blanket to a simple absorptive panel covered in wife-friendly fabric (though she still does not approve - oh well, it looks much better than the blanket). The panel fits neatly in front of the screen blocking it out entirely. Sound is MUCH improved. I also have a 34" Sony CRT (GREAT TV BTW). Flat panel may help with WAF but it still presents a large flat rigid surface between the speakers. CRT looks better to my eyes than any flat panel anyway. Try a kitchen renovation to distract the wife from the blanket!