Harbeth - Audio Research?

I have Audio Research VT100 mk2. and would like to try a British sounding speaker. I am thinking of Harbeth HL-5 or M30. Has anyone tried these two combinations?
luna
It is so hard to go wrong with Harbeth with any quality amp choice; I prefer SS with mine. an ARC amp would be a great choice. Eweedhome and I seem to be cut from the same cloth. I too found the M30 a little to much after a while and I much prefered the C7 es3 (plus, they are less espensive). Later, I got a sub to go with them, and I am really enjoying what I am hearing; I listen to a lot of classical and the full range I get now with the sub is a tone of fun. Smiles and goosebumps everytime :)
I picked up a pair of the HL-5s off A'gon about 6 weeks ago and couldn't be happier. I am running them with a Primaluna Dialogue 2 with SED Winged C EL34s; talk about rich/lush midrange. While they perform very well on the low end, I still like a tad more at the bottom, so I paired them up with my Martin Logan Grotto. After tweaking the settings, I have been able to successfully integrate the two (to my ears) and haven't looked back since. I feel like I have a system now that gives me non-fatiguing imaging along with the fullness of a floor standing speaker without breaking the bank.
Great to see so many happy Harbeth users. E-mailed Andy of Harbeth (UK) but the sale price he gave me was too high! I will have to lookout for a used pair in the future.... Anyone compaired HL-5 to the new HL-5S?? Thanks.