recapping crossovers....do or don't?

I need some advice....I have recapped several pieces of my system with good results. But I am really hesitant to do so with my outboard crossovers on my speakers. The reason is they sound wonderful.....very coherent,musical,and image beautifuly. You ask why look for trouble....well the crossovers use MIT multicaps which I think are fine...but there are about 4 Solens also. Solens have a soso reputation and are not known as a really hi quality cap.

Do you think there is anything to gain here or am I playing with fire....BTW these speakers have Dynaudio drivers and are about 94-96db efficient.
wavetrader
IME MIT/Multicap PPFXS tin foil sound much better than the PPMFX metalized prop caps that rate poorly in Shadorne's URL. PPMFX were widely used by ARC and others circa mid '90s, but have a hard unsupple sound in the presence region and above that you don't want in a coupling or crossover cap. MIT/Multicap RTX styrene caps are still in great favor among many DIYers for bypass applications.
The MIT's I have are PPFXS caps....what do you thimk od using a small Duelund bypass?
Wavetrader...Comparing stock and modified speakers is very easy. You put them side by side, play a mono source, and swing the balance control from side to side.
Eldartford.....I can do that very easily...my vintage Accuphase pre happens to have a nice smooth balance control.