Speakers that disappear

Here is a description of a speaker found in TAS, the recommended components issue:
"... simply don't sound like other speakers. The Xes are tonally neutral and nearly sonically invisible; voices and instruments don't seem to be coming from drivers in frames or boxes. Instead they hang in space, free-standing objects that are so three-dimensionally "there" that listening to *them* is like going to a play, where listening to other speakers is like going to the movies."
What affordable(under $15k) speakers fit this description?
pedrillo
Or is that a good thing?

It is good thing. With nobody to fight over the remote control, you can order a pizza and watch the hockey game in peace with the added bonus of no need for an effort to make meaningful conversation at the dinner table!
Shadorne, yep, yep!! Let her spend that other sucker's money now... I have more equipment to buy!!! :D
Cabasse Baltics, as they are both time alined and point sourced, images appear as if they were floating in space.
I think my soundlab m2's do a fine job of matching the given description for speakers that disappear.