Single driver speakers - opinions

1.Design - what is IYO the best design and why?
2.Sound - How would you describe the sound in comparison to other speaker designs?
3.Amplification - what works and what doesn't?
4.Is the WAF stopping your from moving in that direction?
What do you like or dislike about SD spks?
DIY v.s Commercial designs - Pros and Cons.

Feel free to express yourself and your thoughts about the Single Driver design speakers in this thread.

Ideas, your projects, pics, experiances are all fun and welcome.

From my experiance with at least two SD commercial design that actually worked like a charm, I have to say that I am seriously concidering it as my next DIY project.

Awesome speakers when done right.

Cheers
Mariusz
mrjstark
Stereophile reviewed Fujitsu-Ten Eclipse TD712z single speaker design with 40Hz-20kHz @ -10dB and 70W max power. Sound was - quote:

"As I played a variety of CDs and LPs, the system with the Eclipses had a clarity, transparency, resolution, timbral accuracy, and specificity of imaging that were simply breathtaking."
The Fujitsu look very cool. They remind me of the larger Cabasse's I've seen but not heard.

Are they related in design?
Cabasse are round while Fujitsu are oval/egg shape. Cabasse is a multi driver design. Cabasse is Swiss and Fujitsu is Japanese. They are not related in design, I think, but shape is pretty similar.
Post removed 
I don't have experience with electrostatic speakers but, if my memory serves me right, they have poor bass extension, less than perfect dynamics and narrow/small sweet spot not to mention large size. Don't they have, being bipolar speakers, to be positioned far away from back wall?