History on ohm A's and F's.

I panned through the threads and read how the old ohm a's were remarkable.
Would like to hear more about this and other ohm speakers.
pedrillo
Spike,

Is it also possible that the cassette recording was audibly distorted, oversaturated or something along those lines?

In general, cassettes were never a great medium for capturing low distortion recordings with good dynamics.

OR maybe a combo of cassette recording distortions combined with OHM F overdrive?
Mapman,
the F's were definitely being overdriven at times. I often played them as loud as I dared with bass-rich material and had considerably more power on tap than they could safely handle. I would watch the cones achieving very large excursions; probably exceeding the limits of the surrounds. I am sure that this also contributed to the distortions I heard. If you have listened to a pair of these being played then you are also familiar with the visual performance they can provide. The actual source material is largely irrelevant; the BMW recording is simply the one I remember most clearly. If there was music combining loud, low bass notes with midrange such as voice or saxophone, this issue could appear. I myself have 4 pairs of the later Ohm walsh speakers and have not noted this phenomenon with any of them, even at high volumes.
Hello All,

For your enjoyment, I have posted my 2 channel system in the "Virtual Systems" under "Ever Evolving" titled "My Walsh Dream". Though my site has been viewed well over 400 times in the last week, (reset once by AG, with a system glitch), no one has left a single comment. Please take a moment to check it out and leave your constructive input.

I am working as hard as I can for the benafit of all Audiophiles everywhere to maintain the highest level of sound quality, system integrity and value driven products as I possibly can, especially in this dreaded econmic downturn.

As always, good listening to all.

Dale