bass in the room

hi,
i have a long wide open L-shape living-dining-kichen-family room combination, and I hear more bass in the hallway along with the kitchen wall then in my living room with vaulted ceiling. what could be the problem, if it is a problem?
thanks
ML-332
B&W 802N
REL Britania III sub
transparent Ultra XL speaker cables
Transparent Super MM interconnects
128x128badam
Post removed 
You could try the old method of putting the sub where you sit and taking measurement around the room to find the best place to put the sub. It might be in a spot you haven't thought of. Bass nodes are funny things and hard to predict. Also, the walls in your hallway may be reflecting bass in several directions, thereby increasing certain frequencies.
wow, so many opinions, thanks
I actually moved from my family room with shy of 8' ceilings to the living room with vaulted ceilings,(the room itself is 18x35 combined with dining area before it turns, and vaulted ceiling stops at about 18' from the front of the house), the difference was huge, I thought because soundwaves don't bounce off the ceiling, it's become more open, 3-d sound, but all that was before I bought REL
Rhljazz, I took a look at your system, my room is much wide and more open.
Tgrisham,
I think you are absolutely correct, I just walked thru my hallway back and forth, and it's really strong right at the midway. and also, I have a 20' corridor connecting it with the front door, it's a kind of T-shape intersection
I am imagining a grouping of bass traps in the hallway. Hmmm...... That should go over well.