B&W 800d's or MAGICO V3's?

considering a move from my 800d's to the V3's? is this a side ways move or will it be a big improvement?
koegz
They are both dynamic designs at roughly the same price/quality level. No question the 800d's are better for HT than the V-3 and are as good (only different) for audio. There are lots of sideway moves at your system level. You better love the next pair of speakers before you move to them.
Magico speakers are really something special. They don't sound like conventional box speakers, more like dipole ESL or planars, with the dynamics of a good box speaker. They take advantge of both worlds. Very good design.
I wish I could afford one pair . For now I enjoy electrostatics with tube amplification and this combo is also magical with vinyl. Have a listen to ML Summits or Magnepan 20, Magic....ohhhh !!!!
"Magico speakers are really something special. They don't sound like conventional box speakers, more like dipole ESL or planars, with the dynamics of a good box speaker. They take advantge of both worlds."

Never heard Magicos but from this description, they are in a different camp than B&Ws for sure. Sounds like a personal preference choice, not a matter of which is better.