Your last speaker?

Curious did anyone stop looking?
Obviously synergy is paramount therefore what components took your system THERE?
pedrillo
About 25 years ago I purchased my first "expensive" speakers, the ADS L810's that I enjoyed for almost 20 years. After then going through a few B&W's and some Alon's, I decided to try another Mike Kelly design and I have been very happy with my Aerial 9's. They may not be perfect from an audiophile sense, but they are musical, have controlled, dynamic and moderately deep bass, image well, and generally let you hear what's going on upstream. Unless I receive an unexpected winfall, decide to downsize to monitors, or decide to go the high efficency low powered amp route, I will probably keep these. As a bonus, the company support from Aerial is excellent.
Linkwitz Orion Plus........

....... and Altec 604-8G in OB with flea power amps! Can I mention 2?

Extremes, I know but the genre of music you listen to dictates what speakers you can own for a very very long time.

The Orions are unique because it delivers just about everything in spades when set up properly. Sold my planars and electrostats for this because I now have the midrange I want from the stats and planars but with a great bass slam as a bonus. I searched long enough and finally stumbled on a speakers I like. No audiophile approved speaker cables, IC's, and amps in this set up and I can truly say for the first time in my brief audio life, they do not matter with the Orions.

As for the Altec....well, Altec is forever!

As for the last speakers, I do not know if this two are my "last". But they kept me away from participating on threads like "Whats the best Speakers for $$$$$ ?", "Speakers with slam and transparency", "Have you heard about the new xxxxxx speakers?",
"What do you consider as your last speakers?"....Uh-oh....!

regards,

Abe
SoundLab A-1PX. Nothing has even come close to tempting me away from them in the nearly 3 years I've owned them. The PX panels solved the last nagging problem with the SLs (dynamic range).
CarderSound Madisons. I may replace the Fostex 206E driver with a Lowther EX something later on, but these babies will grace my soundroom for a very very long time ... perhaps longer than I ;-)

Regards
Paul