Tyler Woodmere II: any advices?

I am thinking about jumping the gun on one of these thinking these could be my "ultimate speakers" (cannot justfy more than $10k on speakers ever) but need to hear from owners of that very model what their experience and recommendations would be in terms of amplification (qualifty, quantity), room, and set up in general. My room will be fairly large 25*15*9 open on one side to about same room.
Tks
kanuk
Kanuk:

Your choice of Tyler's Woodmere 2 speakers would be a good one. I own a pair with the outboard crossovers, and I am very impressed. Imaging, presence and natural sound are characteristic at low, medium and high volumes. They play nice small ensembles, large orchestral works and good old rock and roll equally well. I expect these speakers to be my last pair I own, provided that they last 25 years.

Wonderful, smooth, natural midrange and highs are particular strengths of the W2s. The bass is very tight and definitely not overblown.

I questioned Ty quite a bit regarding power amps to drive them. Evidently, they like the juice. 100W is the entry point to make them sing, according to Ty, and they do even better with more power. This led me to use a 220 Watt SS CODA integrated amp, which is a perfect match, in my opinion. Based upon the size of your room, I would say that something over 100W would be recommended. I would like to hear these speakers with a large tube amp, but I haven't had the chance.

Please feel free to email me directly with any specific questions you may have.
Rtilden is spot-on accurate. Tyler speakers in general are a perfect match for CODA, IMO. You may want to also check out the Linbrook Signature System from Tyler as well. If you talk with Ty, he can point you in the right direction... Also, as Aktchi has already correctly stated, Ty can also try and find a current owner near you that may let you try out the speakers for yourself in a their home setting so you can draw your own conclusions.

Good luck,

---Dave
I've had a couple of Tyler speakers and B&Ws, loved both, totally impressed by the build quality of the B&Ws ... but they took (albeit with great ease) large horsepower to let them bloom, bring them to life, which was overwhelming in a very positive way, but the Tylers could respond in equally pleasing ways ... at lower volumes ... which for me meant the Tylers were more versatile ... you won't actually go wrong with either, but I'd bet that the Tylers will make you forget about checking out other speakers ... at least until that natural curiosity returns
Hi Kanuk...
Rtilden says it best...I would add my own experience not with the II's...but with the BIG brother..The Woodmere.

I've had mine for a little over 3 months and can honestly say that I not only continue to be impressed with the craftmanship, but the SOUND.. I mean,my GOD does this speaker make MUSIC?...You bet they do!..hands down the finest quality music making I've ever heard...and I've heard more than my fair share of speakers in my nearly 35 years of having an audio system in my home. If you're anywhere near Louisville, KY, I would be glad to welcome you in to my home for a demo.

FYI...If you decide to get the II's..get the external x-over modification.Makes a good sounding speaker, even better by lowering mechanical and electronic noise.Well worth the modest cost increase.
what happened to the price of the Woodmeres today??? from $7,500 to $12,500 for the IIs and up to $16,500 for the larger model? a reflection of value, cost or someone who starts being more "business" based on product reviews?! at $12,500, are the IIs still a good deal?