Hyperion HPS-938 speakers

Has anyone had any experience with the Hyperion HPS-938? Seem to be having a problem with them being bright in the top end, lean in the mids, and light on the base. In all the reviews I have read never any talk of these problems. I have Arcam gear and Nordost cables. Have had them for quite some time. Any thoughts??
hawkeye43
Congratulation on the excellent amp your purchased!
Im almost sure that is going to match perfectly both with your speakers and your Nordost cables.My friend your problems are probably solved.
Happy Listening!
Just received my new McIntosh MC-207 it today. I installed it in my system and notice right away of more bass than my Arcam amp. The soundstage seems tight and the highs are sharp.

Are all these sighs of a new amp just trying to run in? if so how long does it take?
3-4 weeks , 4-6h on average per day should do it.
It won't change much after that. IMO.
You should hear its true capabilities and character after or around first 100h.

Congrats on new amp.
Don't worry , it will cool off with time .
Cheers

Mariusz
It has been running in for almost 48 hours. Has cooled off quite a bit. Still needs to open up some. Not throwing as much "air" as the Arcam was. Looking foward to hearing it at it's best. Going to borrow some innerconnects, Nordost Heimdall, Syn. Research, and Kimber Kable to run between my pre amd power amps. The Kimber is an all silver cable. Never had all silver in my system before. Any suggestions, other cable options?
I wouldn't recommend silver cables in your setup. They might be to hot for your rig. Then again , silver cables are not created equal. Some are very good with little coloration and some poorly design are somewhat sharp, edgy and can project the illusion of very fine detail which is nothing more then coloration that will drive you nuts over time. I could give you a deal on my silver speaker cables that were custom made for my friend and end up in my system when he was cleaning up. Those are top of the line Vampire that cost
about 2K. You can have those for 1/10 of the original price. But they are huge monsters. You don't want those beasts with your Hyperions.
I would recommend something like Audioquests, Cardas, Morrow Audio to name a few. Copper is more appropriate for your set up then poorly made silver wire. IMO.
However you can experiment with KK silver cable for the sake of " been there , done that" . They are OK. Used to own the balance version.

Cheers

Mariusz