Hyperion HPS-938 speakers

Has anyone had any experience with the Hyperion HPS-938? Seem to be having a problem with them being bright in the top end, lean in the mids, and light on the base. In all the reviews I have read never any talk of these problems. I have Arcam gear and Nordost cables. Have had them for quite some time. Any thoughts??
hawkeye43

Showing 6 responses by argyro

What amp do you use?
They are nice speakers from what I heard at the recent hi-end show. Although I should a agree with you that they had a bright character wilson-like.
The Αrcam most definitely is the problem. Try a true 2-channel amp preferably a musical one like the Mcintosh and your problem will be gone!
Take one to audition at your home and you will see.

Regards,

Michael
An aslo I agree with Ozyy about the Nordost cables. I had my system all wired up with valhallas and I got rid of them. All nordost have a unique sound that suppose is a good match only for dark sounding systems. Its definitely not a good match with your Hyperions.
Congratulation on the excellent amp your purchased!
Im almost sure that is going to match perfectly both with your speakers and your Nordost cables.My friend your problems are probably solved.
Happy Listening!
In my experiency silver interconnects sound very good with Mc amps. They give a bit more transparent sound without sounding harsh. Actually nothing can sound harsh with a Mcintosh amp.