tube friendly speaker rec

loooking for suggestions for tube friendly monitors.
using a prima luna dialogue one with quad 22L speakers, at moderate levels sound ok but seem to lose focus as they get louder which makes me think they are a little power hungry.
have around $2000 budget. tinking about triangle comete but afraid they may be too bright,while merlins are out of my price range.do not know if totem or dynaudio work well
with tubes and was wondering about the new GMA Eos.
any thoughts appreciated
panu21
A used Merlin TMX will be very tube friendly and is one of the finer sounding speakers in a smallish monitor configuration.
I had some Triangle Comete ES and absolutely loved them. I sold them to a friend and each time I visit him, I am shocked at how good they sound for $500. Very tube friendly in many ways. They aren't bright at all if your electronics are of good quality. But they don't have much bass authority. The Triangle Altea ES is another very good choice with extra bass and yet still efficient because it is a 2.5 way.

Totem would be similar to your Quads in terms of power requirement. Some Dynaudios have a nice impedence curve but they can be a little thick in the lower mids which doesn't work with certain tube amps.

All the Reference 3A are great options.

Also Amphion from Finland, like the Argon 2. It doesn't dip below 7 ohms and has fantastic reviews. They also have efficient small floorstanders.

Another option is the Coincident Triumph UHS from Canada. It only needs a few Watts to sound good.

Ditto the Omega speakers from Conneticut. I have been very curious about the SuperHemps which only need like 5W and are inexpensive for the quality of finish and sound you are getting. One of the best high efficiency deals going IMO. I used to have a pair of Grande 8 and still regret having sold them.

Arthur
Have a look at these http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?spkrfull&1212013442 .

I have listened to them at the builders home and they sound absolutely superb. For the price they are an absolute steal.

They're super easy to drive and throw a huge soundstage due to the double mouth horns. And finished in veneer they are eye candy.

Regards
Paul
Triangles are nice. I have had both the Titus and Comete. However, do yourself a favor and talk to Louis at Omega.(www.omegaloudspeakers.com) I own several of his models and they excel with tubes - single drivers - no crossovers - means smooooth music! Beautiful cabinets,stunning finishes and sound to die for! Well worth your consideration especially if you listen to jazz. Take a look at the Super XRS and Super 5s.

Regards,

John