Dali Helicon 800 Mk2 are stunning ?

I recently upgraded from Dali Helicon 400 to Helicon 800 Mk2. I went on a year long year long search before I chose the Helicon 400 originally, and the reviewer's were right - they are excellent! I bought the 800 Mk2 based on listening to the original 800, and my trust in the Helicon range, and have found them to be simply stunning in almost every way, fixing and improving on slight imperfections in the 400's
Are there others on this forum who have tried them? What are your thoughts?
mike60
The Rowland Capri pre amp is very high performance and it'll work nicely with you Pass amp.

Dave
Guys - need your help. I am thinking of going from Dali 800s MK1 to MS4s. What can I expect to gain or loose?

Thanks,

Bud
FWIW I just recieved my cj met150 5 channel hybrid amp to drive my Dali mk1 800s,400s & 200.
It replaces a denon 5803 avr, and compliments a cj met1 pre.
I was worried that it would not be a huge improvement from the denon, after all the cj is 5x150 wt into 8ohm and the denon is 7x170 wt. Man was I in for a surprise!
The cj Met150 blows away the denon and completely changes my perception of the 800s vs the 400s. My Primaluna 8 cd player sounds much better also.
With the denon avr I liked the 400s and 200 center better than the 800s, mids were fuller, more pronounced, sub picked up bass. Seemed they were easier to drive, consequently sounded better with a lessor amp.
since adding the met150, all of 3 days, the 800s sound like a completely different speaker, much better than before, bass is suddenly there. Also find myself content with 2 channel. The experts here were spot on when suggesting that mc amp trumps Avr integrated, and 2c amp trumps mc amp.
My point is that the equipment driving the speakers needs to be up to the task for them to sound their best.
I have the mk2 400's with the new mk2 center and the w200 for the rears. i had the mk1 400 but due to a grain defect dali replaced them with the new mk2 for no charge, and that is including my center to match. ( so dali really stands behind their products) but I power them with mcintosh 501's and my pre amp is a shindo montbirson. I have to say the new dalis are really detailed and quick. the bass is controlled and really tight. now imo there is a differance in the vocal where the old 400 were for a lack of a better term warm, the new vs are very detailed. so would i say its better, its kind of a toss up. would you want to lose all the great improvments on the base and controle and quickness to get a warmer vocal? really depends on the listner. myself the more i listen the more i like the new mk2 over the old ones.
the cables that im pairing with them are audience e24, the new version. These cables really shine and i would compair them to the high end siltech (with out the bulk of the cord)