We have a Winner -- Major "MINI" monitors

I just have to point out that I am one of the first recipients of the new Model SPTECH Mini speakers. To call these 40 pound each beautiful finished loudspeakers Minis is an OxyMoron. They actually cross over at 800hz so most pf the midrange is handled by one driver! But I have to tell you that after only 5 hours of use, these speakers can beat just about anything on the market today. In some ways, there really isn't anything that at much much higher prices can sound as good as the trade offs begin piling up. I exposed them to some ungodly power barrage usinga 1000wpc amplifier and they did not even blink. The sound coming out are what I call the epitome of a speaker design in that they sound both life like and musical at the same time. This is no small feat. Instruments are so well defined that the umpteen speakers I have owned can't hold a candle to them. Bob the designer and engineer is a terrific guy and very knowledgeable. These speakers destroy anything in their range and most audiophiles would be well served to try and listen to these or anything in the line above the Minis I assume. I just had to pass this on, because I am one of the lucky owners. I want to point out that I have zero affiliation with SP, but am in love wit this product. I believe you can buy them on Audiogon? They are worth several times the current asking price. Don't take my word, try and hear for yourself! There is several review on the net and what I had noticed is that none of them had anything negative to say about this line.
bbchem
Juanitox,
If I were you, I'd get my order in while the gettin's good. I get the feeling that the prices are going to jump, and you may be waiting even longer because I don't think production is going to ramp up anytime soon with dealers getting very much in the way of "stock".
thanks for the advice spenceroo , but i don't need the "mini" right now
i have just ordered a pair of timepiece 3.0 ... due to a large room..

just have to wait and report my feedbach a soon as...
Juanitox,
I ordered my 3.0's in December. I was originally told a February delivery, then a mid March delivery. Unfortunately, due to a rash of setbacks at the factory, (wood supplier problems, short staff, machine hangups, not to mention bad weather) I'm not banking on it.
Spenceroo, i know the delay bob say that he will male it in between 1 and 2 month . i will see if he is a man of his words.

anyway it's just Hifi...

rohan.
STOP THE PRESSESS! I WILL SELL MY MINIS!!!!!!!!! >> EITHER WHEN HELL FREEZES OVER OR WHEN I CAN SCRAPE UP enough money to buy a pair of SP Tech Continuum's etc.

Seriously, I have about 300 hours on them and every time I listen to them I still jut settle back and sigh, aaaahhh, that's nice!

As noted, I have 3 other systems that I listen to at different times, and they sound great to me, but when I turn on my Minis the level of excitement is palably real versus the others. Its interesting that you can get used to good sounding equipment and feel comfortable and happy as your ears become acclimated and adapt to the sound. But certain stimulus gives you more or less out of body reaction, and that is the difference between the Minis and most others. If these sound this good, I would have to believe that there upper line sound even better (??) if possible. Anyway I agree that the best way to determine a products real worth is how many and how often they come up for sale. Although SP TECH sells less than the Majors, they almost never come up unless in some cases someone is upgrading. Most of the time it seems people don't sell them, they simply add to what they already have.