Revel Salon 2 versus WP 8

Anyone done a comparison?
psacanli
Chrissain, your post is noteworthy for sure as you like Wilsons. It sounds like the salons are remarkable.
Chrissain, your post is noteworthy for sure as you like Wilsons.
His post wasn't clear to me.
If you like forward bright sound the wilsons might be your thing...
And then..
I actually like wilson speakers in generall

Leaves me puzzled. Maybe it is just my biased Wilson ownership keeping me from understanding this. Further, I have no brightness issues with my W/P's as he affirms.

I just think that the days of wilson being the best speaker out there are over.
Whoever said they were?
He's probably referring to the press falling all over themselves praising Wilson speakers. At the end of the day, many people, myself included, are of the opinion that Wilson hasn't been SOTA (ever?) for some time now, particularly not with Focal's hand-me-down tweeter showing its age.

As to the revels, while their driver integration is amazing, the praise heaped on them recently is imo excessive; they're great speakers but they surely are not the end all.
One thing is for sure, we all have our opinions and these threads are full of them, many total opposites as others. As for me, I laid my cards down already, as a Wilson owner, and I guess I'll go blindly with the press and praise Wilson. Nowhere in that statement is it stated they are the one all and for all. To each there own, there are many wonderful choices on the market and I certainly don't have near the experience as others here, but with the experience I do have, I will not be convinced my W/P speakers are not exceptional, as well they should be for the cost.
No doubt about that, if there was one right product there wouldn't be hundreds of manufacturers; I don't think any serious enthusiast would ever have the delusion that there is a best. The key is that the person is happy with their system.