Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones

Just got my Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones in the mail from AudioGon Seller "Glicco". What a excellent set of headphones. Great sound and great comfort.
All the time and money I have spent with my hi-fi with speaker placement, room treatment etc just trying to get this kind of sound. I should have done this along time ago. Anybody else have great headphones they really like?
daniel825
Im using the Headroom Blockhead headphone amp which uses a balanced configuration. I replaced the cable which just plugs into the phones and the amp. The sound is super. Vandersteen and my dealer says thats because the acoutics of the room are nullified. I do like my speakers better - they sound more real, but boy do the Sens give me goose bumps
Lambda Nova Signature push-pull electrostatic headphones with SRM-T1W headphone amplifier. Traded my Creek and HD-650 for it. My friend got them from somewhere and though they were broken (sound only in L-channel) gave them to me for check-out. Sadly he never got them beck. To be fair - I gave him my headphone system which made him very happy.
So...what was wrong with it...?????
Well it turns out that he could not figure out the channel balance adj. that's it.
How does it sound.....?
OK......let me put it this way:
I have never heard anything like it before.....!
How is that for an answer.
Have the 650's as well. Awesome. I too enjoy them more than my speakers. I often put the kids to bed, slap them on and get lost in the music for hours. I use the stock cables and listen thru a Benchmark DAC - bliss. Might try the AKG's though just in case. Hope I'm not ruining my hearing in the process.
The new Zu Mobius cable for the Senn 650s is thin,
flexible, and sounds great.
We should all send our condolances to head-fi.org,
which has been laid low by a system crash. A post-mortem
of the problem has been posted at its website: http://www.head-fi.org/